Map - The Farm 1945

The Farm in 1945 (Dufferin Division)

In 1943, 70 acres along the western boundary were purchased, providing a frontage of almost half a mile on Dufferin Street and extending, also, the Steele's A venue frontage. In 1945, 2 acres adjoining the eastern boundary were added; making in all 147 acres.

New buildings included: 6 temporary horse stables (37, 38, 39, 40, 41 and 42); isolation, operating and feed storage (34, 35, 36); an enlarged serum concentration building (17); pump-house and water reservoir (43, 44). Buildings erected prior to 1938 may be identified by referring to plate #44.